Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Scouting a Location for my Film

     Today, I finally hit the road and went around the city looking for a place to film my horror opening. With the due date getting closer and closer, I'm starting to panic. I'm looking for a spot ahead of time so that I won't be searching for a location last minute. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find what I determined to be a suitable setting, so tomorrow I'm going to go around another area of the city to see if I can find what I'm envisioning. If nothing comes up, I'll have to film in Markham Park, but I don't feel like the settings there would make it look authentic enough, which is why it's more of a final option.


     In my mind, I'm thinking of a forested area covered in vegetation, like the picture I took above. I also want the area to not have a lot of cars passing through so that it won't be heard in my film and cause a distraction to the audience, ruining the isolated atmosphere I was going for. In my opinion, this setting would have been perfect to film. It looks good enough that people would believe it to be some kind of birch tree forest. Unfortunately, the entire floor past the bushes was a lake full of lily pads and things. 


     I think the area that I was looking around was close to the Everglades because a lot of the forested areas were submerged in water. Don't get me wrong, it could have worked for filming, but I'm not trying to get eaten by an alligator.



    Most of these areas were covered in water, while other areas were gated and we weren't allowed to enter. I'm going to try again tomorrow and see if I can locate the perfect spot. I searched up "abandoned places near me" and a couple of street names and pictures appeared on my screen, so I'll look into those places next time.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project for Cambridge - Horror Film Opening

       Here it is. After I'm done posting this, all I can do now is wait and hope I get a good grade. Thank you for watching this journe...