Thursday, March 18, 2021

Location Found!

    Today was the second day that I went out to look for a potential location that I would use for my film opening. Like I said in my previous post, I came much more prepared than last time, looking up different locations on Google to get an idea of where to look. And it paid off, because I think I found a good place to film.

    After I found four locations on Google writing "abandoned places near me", a couple places loaded up and I wrote them down. Next, I went to Google Maps to see exactly where the areas were and if I had access to them. Two places were automatically scratched off; the only way into one of them was through a gated community, while the other one was simply impossible to get to on foot or car. 

    That only left me with two other spots to check, but they were directly across from one another, so that was lucky. After driving for a couple of minutes, I finally arrived where Google Maps had directed me towards. To get into one of the places, I had to turn left and then drive straight ahead, according to Maps. Once you turned, the asphalt roads turned to dirt, and you would be greeted by a cow enclosed in a large fence. Private property could land me in trouble, so I decided not to go there and just take the loss.

    The other place, however, had no road leading into it. It was a little passage through some trees on the side of the road. So, I parked my car on the gravel washboard, which was a little bit farther away from the passage. I then got out to investigate the area, and it looked really good. There was a small metal gate to block any cars from passing through, so I don't know the legality of walking past the gate. I'm going to have to do some research and ask people if I can film in that area, but I most likely will. In my opinion, it's too good to pass up and I don't believe I could get into any trouble if I film there.






    One thing I really liked about the location that added to overall setting in my horror film opening was the canal that can be seen on the first picture. I think towards the end of the opening, as one of the characters is being dragged away by the Rubberneck, the other sees the tubes that the audience can also see, running towards it because that means he is getting closer to civilization and away from danger. I don't want to jinx anything, but if I manage to resolve the dialogue, my project could turn out just how I want it.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project for Cambridge - Horror Film Opening

       Here it is. After I'm done posting this, all I can do now is wait and hope I get a good grade. Thank you for watching this journe...