Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Movie Has Been Filmed!

     After a lot of checking up with people and seeing if our schedules aligned, we finally set the date for me to pick up my actors around 1 P.M. on Tuesday, March 23rd. My family went to visit relatives in Chicago and I stayed at home because I had a ton of schoolwork to focus on, so I was basically free at any time. When I picked them up, I was originally intending to bring them and film at the spot that I had found in my previous blog post, but I was also going to act for my friend's film, so they needed a location that was convenient for everyone. Luckily, my friends had done their own scouting beforehand and found a spot that was perfect for everyone's film piece. When they told me to drive to our town's community, I was extremely hesitant because I've been there many times and could not recall a setting that appeared abandoned or had lots of vegetation surrounding the area to resemble a forest. However, as we got out of the car, they took me to a place that required passing through a couple bushes to get there. That's when we ended up in a completely different place that I've never seen before. It was full of trees and grass, had a marsh on the side, and it was an overall great place to film. 


    My film had a couple of modifications in the end, but the general story and overall idea is still the same. In terms of technical differences, I had brought my earphones and Airpods, intending to hide them somewhere in my clothes so that the audio could be heard well. However, when we tested the scenes without the earphones, it sounded good, so we decided to simply film it without them. I have a Samsung, and the camera/video features definitely lag behind those of the iPhone, so I used my friend's phone to film the project. 

    I think the major difference my film had to my original plan was the emphasis on the doll. Originally, the doll was mostly meant as a prop for the Rubberneck, serving as a clue for the audience to understand that the villain is some sort of deranged child. However, when me and my friends would place the doll on the trees in the setting it just appeared so ominous and scary. In actuality, the doll scared me and my friends more than the actual Rubberneck. So, we decided that the doll should have a ton of more screen time to make the audience realize who the real villain is.

    All in all, I think all the clips I got were really good. A lot of them had to be done multiple times because we knew they could be better, our acting wasn't on point, there was a mistake, etc. Once I'm done editing everything together, I really do think it'll end up looking like a good opening. Like I said a lot of times in my last couple of posts however, my editing skills are below average, so I really need to step up for this part.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project for Cambridge - Horror Film Opening

       Here it is. After I'm done posting this, all I can do now is wait and hope I get a good grade. Thank you for watching this journe...