Thursday, March 25, 2021

Editing the Scenes Together Pt. 1

    Finally started the scariest part of the project for me: editing everything together. Just the thought of it definitely worries me. Still, it was now or never, so I decided to start it right away. After a couple of hours of organizing my clips and editing them together, combining them, cropping stuff out, adding music in the background to have tone, etc., I made a ton of progress. There were a couple of issues I made while filming, but I did my best to work around it and adapt to the situation. I will honestly be really mad if I get a failing grade on this because I truly believe I tried extremely hard to get the best possible opening I could think of.

    One thing that definitely had me a bit nervous during editing was the software I was using. Like I said in one of my first posts concerning the Cambridge project, I'm using OpenShot due to how basic it was to a newbie such as myself. The problem that had me concerned was that it might be too simple and I should probably look for another application. Instead, I held back my fears and went ahead with it.




    At first, I was wondering what I was going to do with the background music that I wanted to add into my opening. My teacher had told the class how we couldn't use copyrighted music in our opening without permission from the original creator, so I looked around the Internet searching for free music anyone could use. It took a while, but eventually I found FreePD.com, which had a ton of useful files of different music I could incorporate into my opening.


    Because of my genre (horror), I looked for music that interrupted the environment or caused the audience to jump in their seats. Whenever I think about this, I always look back to the screeching violins that were used in Psycho when the woman was murdered in the shower. In my opinion, it's a great example of what to look for.

    Again, even though I was editing for a long time, there is still some left to do. I'm still in the beginning to middle stages of the editing process, but I'm confident I can get it done by the next two blog posts. Either way, the final two blog posts are coming up, so I need to finish this quickly so that I can work on my creative critical reflection.







    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project for Cambridge - Horror Film Opening

       Here it is. After I'm done posting this, all I can do now is wait and hope I get a good grade. Thank you for watching this journe...