Wednesday, March 3, 2021

How I Will Produce the Film

     As it is almost time for me to start filming, I need to look through my inventory and see what items will help me to produce, mix, and edit and scenes together. No horror film will come out looking good if the camera quality or the equipment in general is not up to standard with the technology of today, so I need to make sure everything I have is up to date. If I need to buy something at my local Walmart, then I will probably buy it if the price is good.

    I have a Samsung S10E, and all of my previous projects where I recorded something have been through my phone's camera. However, this is the final Cambridge project we're talking about. As such, I will most likely be using the phone of my friend's iPhone due to the superior camera and video quality. Every time I finish filming a scene for my opening, I will send the video from his iPhone to my Email. While this will take longer than simply filming from my phone, I want to get the best possible score on this, so I will take the extra steps necessary.

    Lighting will not be a problem because I will be filming during the day. The only realistic issue I see coming my way is that the sun will be extremely bright while filming and it will make the video hard to see. Considering it's March and approaching Spring, as well as living in Florida, it could be a concern. Worse comes to worse, I will change the contrast of the video to make it more visible for the audience to see what is happening, but still realistic enough that they won't notice a change.

    Once my Email has all the scenes sent from my friend's iPhone, I can easily access it through my laptop and begin the editing process, my weakness. All year, I have been using the app known as OpenShot Video Editor for my films. It is really basic and makes it so that someone like me, who has no experience whatsoever with editing, can decently put together a small piece. Unfortunately, it might be a little too basic, as it does not have a lot of features that other video editing applications have, such as small animation effects. If I have to, I'll use the free trial of some other application that has features beyond my imagination, such as Wondershare.



    
    My main concern with this whole thing is how my editing will turn out. Again, I have stated this previously many times, but my editing needs a lot of improvements. Thankfully, when we were doing group work within our projects, I met a lot of people that are good with editing that I became friends(?) with. I have their numbers so if I feel like I need help, I can ask them for any tips and tricks on how to improve my editing. I will also ask what software they use to make their films, which will be a big help.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project for Cambridge - Horror Film Opening

       Here it is. After I'm done posting this, all I can do now is wait and hope I get a good grade. Thank you for watching this journe...