Saturday, February 13, 2021

The Beginning of the Final Project

     I honestly can not believe I am already at the final chapter of my time in AICE Media Studies AS. All the projects leading up to this moment have been preparing me for this moment. We have to make a 2 minute film opening, and the idea of doing it scares me to no end. However, this is worth an absurd amount of my Cambridge final grade, so I will do my best at achieving the desired grade. 

    The thing that worries me the most is the fact that I will be working on this project alone. Prior to this, all my previous projects were done with at least one other person, and they did their part in getting a good grade. So, the fact that I am working by myself means I am going to do a lot more work than usual and have to work on the parts that are my weakest, such as editing.

    The good thing about having to do these blog post is that it means I can not procrastinate and do everything at the last minute. Like most normal people, I have usually done big assignments on the last week or day, not getting any sleep in that time. With this blog, my health will not be as bad as it usually is during the stressful times of April/May when Cambridge has all their tests and the SAT is around the corner. It is the little things that can be appreciated.

    Right now, I am focusing on what the theme/genre of my project should be, as well as the plot of the story. Personally, I would love to go for a comedy, but I do not think I would do a good job of making an opening for one, so I want to go for something simpler. While I am still deciding, I am most likely going to choose horror, as I believe it will not be as hard as other genres and due to the fact that horror is one of my favorite types of movies.

    One thing I will definitely do for this project is making a plan detailing what to research, common tropes in opening horror scenes, etc., which will vastly help in making the final product. Furthermore, I should look into sample student's projects so I know what Cambridge expects in the film. Hopefully by my next post I will have my genre decided so I can begin the research aspect of the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project for Cambridge - Horror Film Opening

       Here it is. After I'm done posting this, all I can do now is wait and hope I get a good grade. Thank you for watching this journe...