Thursday, February 25, 2021

Storyboarding

     I feel a little worried with the progress I have done on this project. I feel like I should have already done the the storyboards, but here I am only just getting around to it. Sure, it may feel like I still have plenty of time to work on it, but so many tests are coming around the corner that I am dreading the next month and a half. While I am not too worried on filming the actual opening, what scares me the most will be the editing process. My editing needs to be top tier to effectively scare the audience, but knowing that my skills could definitely use improvements, I am afraid that I'll fail to deliver. Hopefully I can pull it off, because my Cambridge grade depends on it. For now, enjoy my storyboards for the film, which should make things easier when I finally decide to record.


    The film would open up with an establishing shot of characters J and N (Jock and Nerd) walking through a heavily forested area. J is clearly annoyed/mad at N, saying that it is his fault that they got lost trying to find the way to their friend's party, he can't believe how N got invited in the first place, etc. In the next scene, J has had enough of N being so quiet and pushes him onto the floor for a reaction. An over the shoulder shot from J shows N slowly pick himself up and fix his glasses, before noticing something out of the frame, prompting J to turn around as well.


    In this section, the two subjects are not in view, but they make some sort of gasping sound to let the audience know that they spotted something weird off in the distance. Hiding behind bushes and trees, they see a masked person with their hands behind their back, as well as tilting their head about 60 degrees. The Nerd begins panicking, explaining about a rumor they had heard a while back about a killer who wanders the forest looking for victims. People called him "The Rubberneck" because of how he moves his head in a funny manner while watching his victims. The Jock, not buying it, laughs it off and mocks the killer. Only when a utility knife is pulled out from behind the killer do they realize how much trouble they could be in, so they start running.


    In this section, the two characters decide it's every man for himself, running in opposite directions hoping the killer chases after the other. Parallel editing will show the perspectives and surroundings of each person, but at the same time let the audience know that both are occurring simultaneously. While The Jock is running and jumping over bushes, rocks, etc. like an athlete, The Nerd is simply running straight with his hands over his head.

    And that's all I had drawn for today's post. I plan on probably finishing it up over the weekend so I can have it ready for filming. What I had not drawn yet includes the POV scene of the killer chasing either The Nerd or The Jock; it is not meant to show who he is chasing, as this will create suspense within the audience because they do not know who will get jump scared and die. Another scene left to draw would be when both characters hear a rustle from some nearby bushes and as they are bracing to be attacked one of them is greeted to a lizard or some sort of animal, while the other is killed by the Rubberneck.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project for Cambridge - Horror Film Opening

       Here it is. After I'm done posting this, all I can do now is wait and hope I get a good grade. Thank you for watching this journe...